Guidelines & Mission Statement
- To foster shared governance, and development of UAHS classified staff related policies—such as aiding in the orientation process for new employees via web site information and mentoring possibilities;
- To foster development, and education through UAHS activities and events;
- To encourage participation and communication for a positive working environment;
- To act as a creative force to address classified staff issues and present to the UAHS Vice President’s Council.
Georgia Reynolds Dedicated Service Award
The University of Arizona Health Sciences Staff Advisory Council (UAHS SAC) along with each college sponsors the annual Awards of Excellence presentation. This event, which includes light snacks, is being held on Thursday, May 31st, 2018 from 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm in Kiewit Auditorium. Awards will be given to employees in the Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Public Health. Awardees will be selected in a competitive process by nominations received by thier individual colleges.
In addition to the College awards, we are pleased to announce that the Senior Vice President for Health Sciences Office is sponsoring the Georgia Reynolds Dedicated Service Award. Appointed Personnel and Classified Staff in all of the colleges are eligible to nominate and be nominated for the Georgia Reynolds Dedicated Service Award. This award has the following criteria:
- Nominee must be a permanent classified staff or appointed professional employee (excluding deans, directors and department heads) who has at least 15 years of cumulative employment at UAHS
- Nomination packet must show service to UAHS
- Nomination packet must show service to the community beyond assigned work duties
- Nomination packet must include at least two letters of support from within UAHS, one letter of support from within the UA community (outside UAHS) and one letter of support from outside the UA community, not to exceed five letters total.
Nomination deadline is Friday, April 27, 2018.
Submit packet to your college at:
- College of Medicine Dean's Office, Administration Lobby, Room 01
- College of Nursing Dean's Office, Room 320D
- College of Pharmacy Dean's Office, Pulido Center, Room B307AA
- College of Public Health Dean's Office, Drachman Hall, Room 317E
We strongly encourage you to nominate someone who qualifies for this award and has made an outstanding contribution in your area. We must be sure our fellow workers know we appreciate the excellent work that they do for our mutual benefit. Previous award recipients are not eligible.