Our team supports UAHS investigators to secure external research funding through timely negotiation of award agreement terms and conditions that comply with Board of Regents policy and state law which minimize the risk to university resources.
- Experienced resource for faculty and staff who conduct research and who work to advance the University’s strategic goals through externally funded research projects and programs.
- Provide assistance in interpreting terms and conditions as well as sponsor requirements.
- Timely negotiation of terms and conditions contained in research award documents for the purpose of ensuring that these terms comply with Board of Regents policies and state law.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with sponsors while keeping faculty/staff informed as to the latest developments in such negotiations.
- Provide training to faculty and departments regarding the contract process.
- Offer consultations with faculty/staff seeking external research funding and to explain university requirements relative to receipt of such funding.
- Coordinate with the Office of the General Counsel, Sponsored Projects Services, Research, Discovery & Innovation, the UA Foundation, Technology Transfer Arizona, Financial Services Office and other entities as needed in the negotiation of terms and conditions.
- Sign the resultant negotiated award agreement.
To Begin a Submission
For assistance, please contact us at UAHSContracts@email.arizona.edu with a brief description of your needs and a member of our Contracts Team will be in touch with you shortly. Please be sure to include a copy of the Contract Submission Cover Sheet with your submission.