The Health Sciences Design Program will develop facilities and curricula that engage undergraduate, graduate and professional students in all majors in the design of solutions for health care challenges. By building a design school that will provide an engaging and productive innovation “playground” that includes equipment and knowledgeable staff, we will develop critical skills and competencies in health sciences design thinking content and courses.
- Develop facilities and curricula that engage undergraduate, graduate and professional students in all majors in the design of solutions for health care challenges.
- Engage faculty and enroll 100 students a year from at least six different colleges by 2023.
- We’ve prepared a detailed plan and a comprehensive review of the initiative has been completed by key administrators and support personnel.
- The team has begun recruiting for positions to obtain key staff for curricula development and delivery.
- Makerspace ventilation renovations needed to provide an innovative space with proper equipment is underway.
Kasi Kiehlbaugh, PhD
Director, Health Sciences Design Program