Jul 2, 2013
Father’s Day Council Tucson celebrated five outstanding Tucson fathers at its 19th annual “Fathers of the Year Awards Dinner and Gala” on June 14 at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort.
The event raised approximately $100,000 for type 1 diabetes research, clinical programs, faculty recruitment and the “Father’s Day Council Tucson Endowed Chair for Type 1 Diabetes” at the University of Arizona Steele Children’s Research Center.
This annual event honors men who have demonstrated they are dedicated fathers, outstanding community role models and successful in their chosen field. This year’s honorees were:
- T Sgt. Chad Brady, United States Air Force, Davis-Monthan AFB
- Stephen G. Eggen, retired chief financial officer, Raytheon Missile Systems
- Tom Firth, co-owner, Zona 78; managing partner, Hacienda Del Sol
- Michael Hammond, president, managing shareholder, PICOR Commercial Real Estate Services
- JonVolpe,chairman and chief executive officer, Nova Financial & Investment Corporation
Over the past 18 years, Father’s Day Council of Tucson has raised nearly $3 million for the UA Steele Center.
“We are so grateful for Father’s Day Council Tucson,” said Fayez K. Ghishan, MD, professor and head, UA Department of Pediatrics, and director of the UA Steele Center. “Their support enables us to advance our research, clinical programs and endowment.”
A slideshow of the event can be viewed at www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R-_LH5y_Gc&feature=youtube_gdata